Tuesday 23 August 2011

Quilt as U go Workshop

Well hello all, we have a workshop coming up on Saturday 17th September, starting at 10.30 am. Cost $25 if you have booked in, I have made one or two small changes to your requirements list, most importantly, morning tea... yes it needs to have chocolate in it!! (We had one person ask if it had to have chocolate in it or can it be other types of morning tea) I don't mind what you bring as long as it contains chocolate!! (Ha ha)

2nd... Please cut each of your fatQ's into at least 4 strips at 2-1/2" x width of the fat Q. On your requirements sheet I mention to bring wadding pieces at least 12" square, you will also need a strip at least 30" x 12" and 3 squares at 12" each in wadding.
We only have 2 places left and it is not even Sept yet. I think that is awesome. I know it is early yet but we are organising mini workshops for Jan next year. We will not be having our normal classes on Tues, Thurs and Fri, instead for Jan only we will have once a week a mini workshop where you can come in (stay all day if you want to) and make a project. These will not be book-in classes but they will only be on one day each week, I am open for suggestions as to what projects you would like to do. we have some already:
1.Quick 9 Fat Q quilt
2. Embellishment workshop
3. Another Quilt as U go Workshop
4. Jelly- Roll Quilt
5. Jo's "tips" morning - by this I mean, if you have a project at home that you want to finish but you don't know where to go with it, then you can bring them in and while we have a cuppa (And chocolate) as a group there will be a wealth of insight and ideas flowing from each other.
So if you have a suggestion, phone, or drop in, or email it to me and I will add it to the list. The most popular 3 will be locked in for Jan 2012.

Now wait there is more...
On Mon afternoons beginning from September 5th at 3.30 - 4.30 we will finally begin our children's classes, Jo (The other Jo) will be running these and she is busy making her ideas into projects. These classes are limited to 10 yr olds and up and they must have access to a sewing machine later on, please phone the shop if you would like to know more about these classes.
well I think I have done enough typing for one day, and I will post a pic of our Quilt as U Go projects as soon as I get a new camera.
Blessings to you all and the best part of this year so far has been seeing my little sister become an addict.... to patchwork of course!!!
Bye for now Jo

No comments: