Saturday 21 August 2010

August - What a month

Hope you are all sew well!
What a month August has been and the best news - it ain't over yet baby!
I have just spent a week down in cold Geelong with my husband who was at a conference and the wives were invited to go along which was wonderful, so I took the opportunity to spend a week with my hubby, it was wonderful (Very cold but wonderful)
But on our way back the travel company who organised our flights sent us our flight details sent us to the wrong airport in Vic, so we were at one airport on fridayafternoon and we were supposed to be at another, oops boy did that cost them! they then had to re-book a flight for us from that airport and because there were no flights going to Townsville that night we had to stay overnight in Brisbane and catch a flight the next morning.
That was OK except I was supposed to be at the Fibres & Fabrics show & tell day and I am afraid I did not get there. I am very disappointed that I could not get there, I was looking forward to the day very much and had everything ready the week before so all I had to do was load the car up early Sat Morning and Garry was going to drop me off . . . some things are out of our control and there is zip we can do about it.
The Brisbane motel was really, really nice though!!
I am also pleased that we have wonderful friends who were able to make sure our children were looked after, you are all a blessing!
I think Connie has had enough shop looking after for 1 week too. Thank you Connie.
The new shop is going great. Jo now can begin drawing a wage!!!
Also "hello" to some Hughenden girls who called in last week while I was away hope all is well over your end of the woods!
Don't forget our embellishment workshop on Sat 11th September, it is a one day workshop
starting at 10am (oops I think)
Cost $150.00 BYO lunch - Kit & morning tea included
limited spaces, don't miss out!
Happy sewing everyone
Love Jo

No comments: